Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: January 21st, 2021
1. The company
Eros+Psyche Travel (henceforth referred to as “Eros+Psyche Travel”, “we”, “our” or “us”) is a brand name owned and operated by the licensed Travel Agency GREEKING ME TRAVEL SERVICES PC with its head offices located at Kallithea, Athens, Greece. Eros+Psyche Travel provides multi-day trips (“Trip’’, “Trips’’) with a minimum duration of 2 days to travelers visiting Greece. By reserving a place in any of these Trips, you (henceforth referred to as “Participant”, “you”, or “Participants”) shall have automatically accepted the terms mentioned herein, confirm that you have fully understood them and have agreed to all of them.
2. Trips sold by Eros+Psyche Travel
All the information and details of Trips sold by Eros+Psyche Travel are described on the website www.erosandpsyche.travel. Some of Eros+Psyche Travel Trips (advertised as ‘semi-private’ or ‘small-group’) may require a minimum number of participants in order to take place. This minimum number is clearly indicated in each Trip’s respective description on our Website. Eros+Psyche Travel reserves the right to cancel a Trip for any reason, including but not limited to, an insufficient number of participants.
3. Pricing and details
Eros+Psyche Travel reserves the right to add, withdraw, substitute and/or vary advertised routes, prices and departure times for any of its Trips without notice. However, reasonable effort will be made to maintain arrangements as advertised.
All prices provided are on a per person basis unless otherwise mentioned and include local taxes.
Prices do not include tips, personal expenses, cost of drinks, after meal coffee and tea, travel insurance & booking fees. If in doubt whether something is included in the price of the Trip, please inquire.
4. Requirements to participate in Eros+Psyche Travel Trips
- All Participants will be required to disclose, at the time of booking, or in any case prior to the commencement of the Trip, whether the Participant suffers from any medical condition which may prevent the Participant undertaking the Trip, including, but not limited to, epilepsy, dizziness, limb or back injury, angina or other heart condition, food allergy, dietary requirements or restrictions, severe or uncontrolled asthma, visual impairment, depression or recovering from recent surgery. Given the nature of our Trips, we are not in the position to guarantee that all nutritional requirements will be met; however, we will make every effort to meet your needs.
- Participants acknowledge and agree that they participate in the Trip at their own risk.
- We do not include personal insurance with our Trips. Eros+Psyche Travel recommends that customers purchase individually their own travel insurance (or ask their travel agent). Eros+Psyche Travel will not be held liable for services provided by 3rd parties.
- All participants to a Trip must hold a valid ticket, voucher or confirmation letter. Entry may be refused if tickets or vouchers are damaged or defaced in any way or not purchased from an authorised reseller.
5. Eros+Psyche Travel’s ability to refuse participation
Eros+Psyche Travel reserves the right to refuse any person, for whatever reason, participation in the Trip, in its absolute discretion, whether or not they have previously made a payment for this Trip. A person will be reimbursed should they be refused permission to participate on grounds other than those set out above.
6. Accessibility and Safety – Participant guidelines
It should be noted that local conditions in Greece may differ from those that exist in the rest of Europe or the U.S.A.. The state and conditions of some streets may present accessibility difficulties. Access for persons with special needs is not guaranteed. Public areas may not be accessible to persons with special needs.
Participation in our Trips may require a minimum physical condition, such that you are in the position to walk uphill or climb stairs. Kindly inform us if you have a medical or physical limitation or are undergoing a medical treatment.
Eros+Psyche Travel will not be liable for the personal safety of participants, or for the safety of personal items, nor for unforeseen events and incidents that Eros+Psyche Travel cannot control, prevent or avoid, including (but not limited to) accidents, thefts and illnesses during the Trip. Each participant shall be fully responsible for his/her personal health, medical needs and safety.
We advise you to check your insurance contract in order to determine whether you are covered and to clarify what your travel insurance covers in the case of trips abroad. For their own safety, all Participants must obey the directions and instructions of the Trip guide, must not disturb other Participants or interfere with the Trip guide’s ability to conduct the Trip in a safe manner.
By joining a Eros+Psyche Travel Trip, each Participant is ensuring its own safety by agreeing to:
- Stay alert and aware of what’s going on around them at all times and avoid any immediate dangers which they believe pose a risk to them.
- Protect themselves from the Greek sun by using appropriate forms of sun protection, including but not limited to a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen during the summer months.
- Be adequately hydrated and nourished before, during and after the Trip, in accordance with their specific needs and requirements.
- Not be under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other substance that may hinder their ability to observe these Guidelines.
- At all times to promptly comply with any directions issued by tour leaders. Eros+Psyche Travel responds to any given risk by relying on the cooperation of all of its Participants.
7. Insurance Policy & Personal Insurance
ΑΧΑ Insurance Company S.A. certifies that “Eros+Psyche Travel” is insured against liability for Bodily Injuries or Material Damage to third parties, which may occur during daily organized activities (guided walking tours, food tours, cooking lessons & folk dance lessons) by the insured and which are caused by negligent acts or negligent omissions of the insured, according to the terms and conditions of our policy No 1200938. Personal insurance is not included. It is your responsibility to take out appropriate travel insurance. Although Eros+Psyche Travel and its representatives will always strive to ensure safe and enjoyable completion of its Trips they cannot be held responsible for the personal safety of participants. Each participant shall be fully responsible for his/her personal health, medical needs and safety. Please take into consideration any separate terms and conditions of each of our experiences, before booking.
8. Photographs taken during the Trips
- All Participants acknowledge and agree that Eros+Psyche Travel is expressly authorised to take photographs of them during the Trips and utilise such photographs for the purpose of advertising Eros+Psyche Travel including but not limited to being displayed on Eros+Psyche Travel website.
- Photographs remain copyright to Eros+Psyche Travel and may only be used or reproduced by Participants for private or domestic purposes and must not be used for any commercial purpose, including promotion of any supplier or any supplier’s products or services, without Eros+Psyche Travel’s written permission.
Participants should adhere to the starting time and meeting point of the Trip as indicated on their voucher. If a Participant is late, Eros+Psyche Travel will consider this as a no-show, his participation to the Trip will be cancelled and no refund will be provided. It is recommended that Participants arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the Trip.
10. Payment Conditions & Booking for a Trip
In order to book a Trip, you need to make a deposit equal to 30% of total trip value. The remaining balance should be paid in one or two installments. The final payment (remaining balance) is due 30 days before the travel date.
- Upon successful completion of payment, customers will receive confirmation and voucher via email. This document must be saved as proof of purchase and be presented on the day of the Trip. Eros+Psyche Travel reserves the right to refuse service to any customer without a voucher or letter of confirmation.
- Customers are advised to check the details of the booking and should notify immediately Eros+Psyche Travel in case of any errors. Eros+Psyche Travel reserves the right to charge a booking fee on the purchase of tickets and an administration fee should tickets purchased be changed to another date or time.
- When you make a booking, you guarantee that you have the authority to accept, and do accept these conditions on your behalf and on behalf of all members of your party and, further, if you are making a booking for more than one person, that you are responsible for all payments due from each and every party member for whom you are making a booking. Any information which we give to you shall be deemed as given to each and every party member for whom you are making or have made a booking.
11. Cancellation and refunds policy of a Trip
Eros+Psyche Travel allows for the eventuality that a Participant may need to change or cancel an agreed service. If Participants must cancel a reservation for a Trip, the following cancellation policy applies:
a. For 60-31 days prior to Trip start date, the Trip cancelation fee will be 25% of Trip price.
b. For 30-15 days prior to Trip start date, the Trip cancelation fee will be 50% of Trip price.
c. For 14-1 days prior to Trip start date or No Show, the Trip cancelation fee will be 100% of Trip price.
Exceptions to these policies cannot be made for any reason.
Eros+Psyche Travel reserves the right to make changes or substitutions in order to meet unexpected situations, or cancel the Trip, if deemed necessary for reasons including circumstances beyond Eros+Psyche Travel’s control, such as strikes, lockouts, riots, wars, whether declared or undeclared, hostilities, civil disturbances, acts of God, acts of governments or other authorities, thefts, pilferage, epidemics, pandemics, quarantines, custom regulations, delays, or cancellations of or changes in itinerary or schedules or from any causes beyond our control. In such event, Participants will either be re-booked at the earliest possible time at the Participants’ convenience (taking into account Trip’s availability), or be issued with a credit / refund travel voucher. In any case, Eros+Psyche Travel shall not be held liable for any expenses, costs or fees, including but not limited to, airline ticket costs or other personal expenses incurred by customers.
3. Final costs of all Eros+Psyche Travel Trips are inclusive of 2,9% card processing fees and 10% service fees. In case of cancelation, these fees cannot be refunded in cash.
4. Eros+Psyche Travel will not proceed to any refund except in accordance with these Terms. When a Participant wants to cancel a trip, they must notify Eros+Psyche Travel in writing. Exceptions to these policies cannot be made for any reason. Refunds will be returned within 90 days of the cancellation date.
12. Participant Release of Liability
- Participant desires to participate in the Trips offered by Eros+Psyche Travel.
- Participant is in good health and suffers from no minor or serious physical or mental injury, illness or disability that would make Participant especially susceptible to injury or disability while performing any activities related to or in connection with the Trips.
- Participant fully comprehends and accepts all of the risks associated with his/her participation in the Trips including, without limitation, exposure to unfavourable weather conditions, food sickness, allergic reactions, choking, injuries (e.g. without limitation, those arising out of self-inflicted accidents or mishaps, other participants, automobiles, pedestrians, bicyclists and the like) and death.
- Participant’s participation in the Trips is at Participant’s own sole risk. Participant, on behalf of his/herself and/or any person or entity acting through or on behalf of Participant, hereby forever and unconditionally releases Eros+Psyche Travel, its affiliates, subsidiaries, owners, officers, employees, agents and insurers (collectively, “released parties”), from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) in any way arising out of, or resulting from, Participant’s participation in the Trips, including, without limitation, any and all claims, actions, and liabilities for death, injury, loss or damage to Participant, to anyone else, or to any property, regardless of whether or not such injury, loss or damage was caused by the negligence or willful conduct of the company or any of the release parties. Participant’s release includes, but is not limited to, harm that may be attributable to, or in any way arise from, Participant’s own conduct, behavior or history of pre-existing conditions or dispositions. Participant also agrees that Participant is financially responsible for any and all medical treatment required as a result of any such harm. Participant, on behalf of his/herself and/or any person or entity acting through or on behalf of Participant, further agrees to defend and indemnify the released parties, and to hold the released parties harmless, from any and all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, expenses (including, without limitation attorney’s fees) and losses of any kind or nature whatsoever in any way arising out of, or resulting from, Participant’s participation in the Trips.
- Participant agrees to pay any all costs, fees, expenses and charges arising from any act or conduct of Participant that results in damage or injury to any person. Participant further agrees to indemnify and hold Eros+Psyche Travel harmless from and against any such act or conduct.
- This Waiver and Release of Claims constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between Participant and the Released Parties, and cancels, terminates and supersedes any prior agreement or understand relating to the subject matter hereof. There are not representations, promises, agreements, warranties, covenants, or undertakings other than those contained in this Waiver and Release of Claims.
- None of the provisions of this Waiver and Release of Claims can be waived or modified except expressly in writing signed by Participant and the party against whom the waiver or modification is sought to be enforced. Failure of any of the Release Parties to enforce any of their rights hereunder at any time shall not act as a waiver to enforce their rights under this Waiver and Release for the same or similar acts at any subsequent time.